Sunday, May 11, 2008

My comment in response to Elyse's blog "The Future is User-led"

The following comment was made on a post in Elyse's blog.

I too have read the paper written by Axel Bruns titled "The future is user led" and agree with what you have written. I believe Produsage is important in today's society and with the establishment of Web 2.0 and collaborative programs everyday citizens have been given the opportunity to become not only users but producers.

Bruns (2007, 1) believes that this collaboration would not have been possible if not for Generation C. This new generation of users have the skills, abilities, interest and enthusiasm to use the technologies available which has facilitated in the success of Produsage. I completely agree! Without this drive and enthusiasm, collaboration and content creation online by the World Wide Web users would cease to exist. The online news and information would simply be created by professionals of the industry that only show us one or two perspectives/opinions. A shift from the industrial forms of production to a more democratic online environment has allowed everyone to add their ‘two bobs worth’. I myself am a Produser, not simply because of university but because i have this drive and enthusiasm to create my own content, develop my own opinions and collaborate with others.

Bruns. A. 2007. The Future is User-Led: The path towards Widespread Produsage. http://snurb.info/files/
The%20Future%20Is%20User-Led%20(PerthDAC%202007).pdf (Accessed April 23, 2008).

No comments: